For more than 50 years Babcock Wanson has a build a strong experience in the design and manufacture of Twin Furnace Boilers. This boilers were originally designed to satisfy to the current demand of the European market: Water tube replacement and backup boilers.
- Only natural gas fired
- High efficiency and economizer as standard
R&D program leads Babcock Wanson to the conclusion that the 3rd pass is very inefficient in terms of heat exchange (- 6% of the total) compared to the exchange in the economiser. Thus the 2 pass design has been retained with a larger economizer. This enables:
- Higher heat exchange thanks to a higher delta T
- No imbalance of the thermal load of the rear plate (better distribution of temperature) so less risk of mechanical failure over time!
- Complete accessibility to all tubes of the rear plate (most sensitive area …)
- Boiler more compact because ferrule diameter lower than in 3 pass design.
- Lower pressure loss and shorter smoke recirculation duct; This point is important to guarantee very low Nox on the long run
Total absence of refractory (except burner inlet)
Economiser are designed and manufactured by Babcock Wanson based on water tube economiser technology : Much stronger!
- Tube and fin thick compared to the “classic” eco
- Pressure over 28 bar
- Entirely manufactured in our workshops
- Installation on boiler in drawer to facilitate the maintenance and the quick repair on site
Babcock Wanson offers a current range of 35 to 50 t / h TF Twin Furnace boilers better suited for:
- Fuel gas alone
- High efficiency (95 to 98%) similar to the “classic” 3-course design
- Very low Nox
- More compact
- More reliable and robust over time
Other European manufacturers offer the same principle, especially those who have not stayed on an old design …
Babcock Wanson has been building a range of multi-fuel twin furnace.
- From the 1990s, Babcock Wanson has developed its range of single furnace firetube boilers (3 pass) for power of over 20 t/h and up to 30 t/h. (for economic reasons).
- For higher power requirements, water tube boilers (FMPack series) can respond more effectively, especially for large pressures and steam overheating.