A boiler house is typically the start of any industrial process that needs heat to function. The process heating system usually includes a number of specific requirements such as temperature, pressure, energy input, particulate and exhaust emissions limits, etc. These conditions need to be measured to ensure the boiler house performance & safety is in accordance with the set parameters. In most of countries those conditions are strictly controlled by the government to ensure the safety of the equipment and its operation.
As a result, boiler house monitoring is critical and must be optimised to comply with safety standards, maintain reliable operation, reduce operating costs and improve overall boiler house performance.
Babcock Wanson undertakes continuous research and development to create boiler operating modes to meet our customers’ changing needs. Babcock Wanson has developed an integrated monitoring and regulation package covering all the equipment in the boiler house, including the burner, boiler, exhaust gas emissions and water treatment. Babcock Wanson’s operating modes can also provide real-time monitoring and data logging of all relevant boiler parameters using our Operating Assistance Module (OAM) high integrity system.
Babcock Wanson’s Exclusive Operating Modes
- BW 72H: this is the first operating mode innovated by Babcock Wanson, with tests every 3 days.
- BW 3 DAYS: an evolution of the BW 72H operating system, developed to exceed the requirements of local codes such as BG01 which details the requirements for 3 days unattended operation.
- BW 7 DAYS: a further evolution of the BW 3 DAYS system, requiring additional surveillance equipment along with site specific monitoring equipment as required, to permit unattended operation for up to 7 days.
- BW720: This operating mode approved continuous unattended steam boiler operation for 720 hours, i.e. up to 30 days; This has been developed in accordance with the international standard EN12953 and is already proven in a wide variety of industries. This operating mode is offered only in certain territories at present.
Advantages of Babcock Wanson’s Exclusive Operating Modes
- Simplified boiler operation with programmed maintenance to meet the boiler needs.
- Reduced testing regime while maintaining safe, reliable operation.
- The possibility to use off-site monitoring and test facilities.
- Increased availability and reliability.
- Reduced operating costs.