A boiler house is typically the start of any industrial process that needs heat to function. The process heating system usually includes a number of specific requirements such as temperature, pressure, energy input, particulate and exhaust emissions limits, etc. These conditions need to be measured to ensure the boiler house performance & safety is in accordance with the set parameters. In most of countries those conditions are strictly controlled by the government to ensure the safety of the equipment and its operation.
As a result, boiler house monitoring is critical and must be optimised to comply with safety standards, maintain reliable operation, reduce operating costs and improve overall boiler house performance.
Babcock Wanson undertakes continuous research and development to create boiler operating modes to meet our customers’ changing needs. Babcock Wanson has developed an integrated monitoring and regulation package covering all the equipment in the boiler house, including the burner, boiler, exhaust gas emissions and water treatment. Babcock Wanson’s operating modes can also provide real-time monitoring and data logging of all relevant boiler parameters using our Operating Assistance Module (OAM) high integrity system.
Babcock Wanson’s Exclusive Operating Modes
- BW 72H: this is the first operating mode innovated by Babcock Wanson, with tests every 3 days.
- BW 3 DAYS: an evolution of the BW 72H operating system, developed to exceed the requirements of local codes such as BG01 which details the requirements for 3 days unattended operation.
- BW 7 DAYS: a further evolution of the BW 3 DAYS system, requiring additional surveillance equipment along with site specific monitoring equipment as required, to permit unattended operation for up to 7 days.
- BW720: This operating mode approved continuous unattended steam boiler operation for 720 hours, i.e. up to 30 days; This has been developed in accordance with the international standard EN12953 and is already proven in a wide variety of industries. This operating mode is offered only in certain territories at present.
Advantages of Babcock Wanson’s Exclusive Operating Modes
- Simplified boiler operation with programmed maintenance to meet the boiler needs.
- Reduced testing regime while maintaining safe, reliable operation.
- The possibility to use off-site monitoring and test facilities.
- Increased availability and reliability.
- Reduced operating costs.
Our technical sales consultants will be available to advise and guide you throughout the specification and purchase process. Our sales team are focused on ensuring that every project and installation runs smoothly, from specification to delivery and installation.
Babcock Wanson is renowned for quality industrial process heating solutions, from manufacture to maintenance and on-going support.
A key factor in Babcock Wanson’s success stems from our ability to offer a complete range of products and services for boiler houses and other process heating needs; all adapted to meet customers’ individual requirements.
All products supplied by Babcock Wanson are fully supported, including tailored service and maintenance contracts.
In addition to a range of quality engineered products, Babcock Wanson also provides turnkey solutions. We have the engineering expertise and experience to customise our products and system designs to develop innovative solutions.
We work hard to be the very best we can and are proud to be one of the World’s leading suppliers of industrial process heating equipment. Babcock Wanson customers benefit from:
- High efficiency and environmentally conscious performance
- Always at the forefront of innovation
- The strength of an international network, backed up with local service
- An exceptionally wide range of process heating solutions to meet customers’ needs
- Over a century of engineering expertise and experience
- Tailored solutions, from product to training and maintenance contracts
- Full after sales support
- A solutions-based approach
- Thousands of installations and satisfied customers
From its beginnings in the late 19 th Century, Babcock Wanson has grown to become a major international provider of industrial process heating equipment and solutions.
- An international organisation with eight operating companies in and around Europe
- Two prime manufacturing facilities in Europe, plus other engineering and assembly
- 600+ staff, over half of which are dedicated to after-sales care and service
- A world-wide network of commercial and technical partners
300+ service engineers across Europe
Babcock Wanson are focused on building a long-term, sustainable business and future for our world.