Boilers for the Food Industry
The food industry is a very large sector, regardless of the criteria used to measure it. Food-processing operations involve the conversion of raw agricultural commodities such as meats, grains, fruits, legumes and vegetables as well as herbs and spices into:
- Canned, including heat treated pouches, vacuum packed products and preserves
- Frozen, including par fried or baked convenience food products.
- Dehydrated including spray drying and freeze drying as well as oven baking
- Fermented or Distilled, including Beers, Wines and Spirits
- Formulated, and otherwise modified forms of food.
The companies within this sector can be broken down into numerous areas of activity including:
- Meat industry
- Fruits and vegetables
- Oils sector
- Canned goods
- Frozen products
- Sugar industry
- Chocolate and other confectionery
- Coffee, Tea and other beverages
- Herbs, spices, condiments
- Snack Foods.
Whilst there are a large range of different products, the food industry is at its heart a very particular sector, combining all aspects of food science, nutrition and related areas. No matter the product, health and sanitary constraints and the environment in which the industry operates are critical considerations.
Companies in the food industry often operate continuously, 24 hours a day. They require high performance equipment with very high operational availability. It is very important to optimise energy efficiency and to provide a service offering that can avoid failures to provide operational availability of up to 100%.
The food industry often requires high-temperature processes. To meet the needs of high temperature, low pressure applications, Babcock Wanson offers Thermal Fluid Heaters. This equipment is particularly suitable for the various types of equipment with in the food industry environment. Thermal fluid heaters and ancillary equipment allows a single source of heat to maintain different processes, such as continuous and batch fryers, hot air and contact ovens and other types of cookers at high and individually precisely controlled temperatures.
For other food-processing that requires steam, Babcock Wanson offers both coil type Steam Generators, and Fire Tube Boilers permitting the selection of the most appropriate equipment for the application. Babcock Wanson has also developed the key technologies and the operation modes that enable the automated quality and safety control. All Babcock Wanson equipment are developed to lead to a sustainable food industry.
Babcock Wanson is committed to continuous innovation and development and offers a range of energy optimisation systems including Flue Gas and Water Preheating Economisers and our R-ECO system. All Babcock Wanson boilers, both Steam Boiler and Thermal Fluid Heaters, are compatible with heat recovery systems (exchanger, economiser, preheater).
The food industry also requires a large quantity of Water Treatment for various processes. Water is used on raw materials conditioning, power and process heating, boiler feed water, cooling, sanitizing, condensate recovery, etc. Babcock Wanson provides all necessary Water Treatment equipment for the food industry.
To ensure high operational availability of the equipment, Babcock Wanson is committed to offer service and technical aid which can be customised according to the client needs.
- Telephone service and rapid response times: Implementing a rigorous scheduled service and maintenance plan will provide you greater equipment reliability and efficiency.
- Availability commitment: Babcock Wanson’s extensive network of Service Engineers are fully qualified and trained to respond to any service needs related to your heater or boiler.