Showing all 5 results
Coil Type Boilers have become the number one choice for steam generation and their popularity is set to continue; and no wonder when you look at their many advantages. Not only are they more energy efficient, easier and safer to operate but they are very quick in raising steam, from three minutes from a cold start to full output. This latter aspect is essential when the process demand is intermittent or starts and stops on a daily basis.
Modern coil type steam generators feature a precisely controlled burner which creates an accurately defined heat input to a double coil of steel tube through which a precise quantity of feed water is pumped. Only a small amount of excess water is fed into the coil which, once heated, is transformed gradually into steam.
A steam / water separator is incorporated at the coil outlet to ensure good conditions for steam production within the coil itself (while avoiding superheat) and good quality dry steam at the separator outlet.
Using this method steam generators maximise efficiency, reducing overall carbon emissions. Babcock Wanson ESM steam generators, for example, give operating efficiencies of up to 96% with very low overall emissions.
Advantages of Coil Type Steam Boilers
Compared to older steam generating technology, coil type steam generators are:
- Rapid steam production from cold start in as little as three minutes
- Especially suited to intermittent and variable loads
- Energy efficient
- More environmentally friendly
- Safer to operate due to the low water volume under pressure
- Small and low weight – around half the footprint of comparable fire tube boilers
- Easier to control
- Quieter and cleaner in operation
- Reliable and robust
- Easy to install local to the process for minimum total plant cost
- Production of high pressure steam up to 50 bar in standard form and up to 100 bar in closed loop thermo-syphon systems
- Low thermal losses with minimum blowdown and reduced total energy demand
- Burner complies with the most stringent regulations and is perfectly adapted to the application