Boilers for the Rigid Packaging and Plastic Industry
Rigid Packaging and Plastic Film manufacture often require varying temperatures across the process making it necessary to use equipment that provides a flexible and efficient source of heat. This process will include:
- Glass and Plastic Bottles
- Food and Pharmaceutical Trays, Pots and Tubs
- Cardboard and Plastic Cups
- Closures, screw, crown cap and friction fit lids
- Paper, corrugated or fibreboard / paperboard, boxes, trays or cases
Rigid packing manufacturing often involves large variations in heat demand. Where the preferred heating method is steam Babcock Wanson offers Fire Tube Boilers which are particularly well suited to this type of application. For more extreme load variations, we can offer the design and installation of tailor-made Steam Accumulators.
This type of manufacturing process can consume a large amount of live steam which of course results in high-water consumption. This can result in high cycles of concentration in the boiler and a rapid increase in total dissolved solids meaning high levels of boiler blowdown. The effect of the water quality on the heat balance of the boiler house is substantial. Therefore, Babcock Wanson can offer water treatment plant adapted precisely to this application.
Within the plastic film manufacturing industry Thermal Fluid Heaters provides an excellent solution for high temperature needs and when varying temperatures are required throughout the process
The volatile compounds generated during the coating of film adhesives or as an effluent off-gas from the manufacturing processes can be treated by Thermal Oxidation. This is an attractive solution when this equipment is coupled with a Waste Heat Recovery Boiler or Thermal Fluid Heat Recovery Unit or when Regenerative Thermal Oxidation is applied
To ensure high operational availability of the equipment, Babcock Wanson is committed to offer service and technical aid which can be customised according to the client needs.
- Telephone service and rapid response times: Implementing a rigorous scheduled service and maintenance plan will provide you greater equipment reliability and efficiency.
- Availability commitment: Babcock Wanson’s extensive network of Service Engineers are fully qualified and trained to respond to any service needs related to your heater or boiler.