We currently require a Field Service Engineer with experience of combustion equipment, electrical controls and systems and an appreciation of steam applications and distribution systems. Your main tasks will be:
- To commission new and refurbished equipment of Babcock Wanson supply; including status feed-back and reports as appropriate.
- To attend breakdowns, services and site investigations related to equipment of Babcock Wanson supply.
- To supervise and co-ordinate sub-contractors whilst working on site together; this to include performance reports to the Field Service Manager as appropriate.
- To provide detailed feed-back as appropriate on the performance, quality and design of equipment supplied by Babcock Wanson.
- To instruct and train customer personnel and/or Babcock Wanson service engineers as requested by the Field Service Manager in the operation and maintenance of equipment supplied by Babcock Wanson.
Working from home as part of a nationwide team, a full driving license, flexible attitude and the ability to work without supervision in a customer-driven environment are essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Sound electro-mechanical skills
- Combustion experience
- Industrial or commercial gas qualification
- An apprenticeship or formal technical qualification
An appreciation for electronic burner management control would be an advantage but not essential at present.