Babcock Wanson UK Ltd are market leaders in the design and manufacture of industrial steam boilers, thermal fluid heaters and thermal oxidisers and have an enviable reputation for high quality products and after-sales service.
We currently require a Field Service Engineer with experience of combustion equipment, electrical controls and systems and an appreciation of steam applications and distribution systems. Your main tasks will be:
- To commission new and refurbished equipment of Babcock Wanson supply; including status feed-back and reports as appropriate.
- To attend breakdowns, services and site investigations related to equipment of Babcock Wanson supply.
- To supervise and co-ordinate sub-contractors whilst working on site together; this to include performance reports to the Field Service Manager as appropriate.
- To provide detailed feed-back as appropriate on the performance, quality and design of equipment supplied by Babcock Wanson.
- To instruct and train customer personnel and/or Babcock Wanson service engineers as requested by the Field Service Manager in the operation and maintenance of equipment supplied by Babcock Wanson.
Working from home as part of a nationwide team, a full driving license, flexible attitude and the ability to work without supervision in a customer-driven environment are essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Sound electro-mechanical skills
- Combustion experience
- Industrial or commercial gas qualification
- An apprenticeship or formal technical qualification
An appreciation for electronic burner management control would be an advantage but not essential at present.