Babcock Wanson offers a wide range of water treatment equipment for all applications.
Ultrafiltration is a type of water pre-treatment which uses membranes to separate fine particulates from water. The CLARIFILTER range from Babcock Wanson uses specially designed ultrafiltration membranes and is able to remove very fine particles between 0.1 µm and 0.001 µm.
CLARIFILTER is skid mounted and contains:
- Ultrafiltration modules
- Recirculation pump
- Automated membrane cleaning equipment
- Setting, control & safety equipment
- Control cabinet.
The equipment provides a continuous and constant flow of filtered water. Compact and robust, the installation requires only half of that required by conventional equipment.
EDI is a combination of resin based ion exchange, selective membrane technology and electrical current which is designed to demineralise water in a unique and efficient way. The ions retained temporarily by the resins are transferred to a reject stream by use of an electrical charge.
The EDI process produces high quality demineralised water without chemical products. The Babcock Wanson EDI system has been designed for rapid installation and simple maintenance.
The principal advantages of this equipment are:
- Continuous production of high quality water.
- No requirement for chemical products, dosing equipment maintenance or waste treatment, and is therefore environmentally friendly.
- Due to the way the ions are transferred to the reject stream there is no requirement for a regeneration phase for the resins allowing continuous operation.
- The equipment is skid-mounted, compact and ready for straightforward site installation.
- Simple to operate and consumes only 0.5 kW/m³ pure water.
Dealkalisation by Resin Exchange
Tailored to your requirements
Dealkalisation is a purification technology designed to remove alkalinity ions from water. Water alkalinity is an important factor in steam production and in many processing systems such as textiles, food and beverages etc., and needs to be controlled to reduce blowdown and operating costs.
Babcock Wanson have developed a wide range of dealkalisation equipment to treat both boiler and process water and which is tailored to our clients’ specific needs. Dealkalisation equipment contains weak base cation exchange resin that exchanges a part of Hydrogen (H+) for Calcium (Ca2+) and Magnesium (Mg2+) to obtain utltra low alkalinity in the water.
Our water treatment experts are able to analyse raw water quality and operating parameters for both boiler and process water and to propose the most suitable equipment for your installation.
Dealkalisation application in industries
- Process water purification – Dealkalisation produces high quality water that can be used for process water, for example in the food and beverage industry.
- Boiler feed purification – The purified water from the dealkalisation process has a low concentration of bicarbonates, calcium, and magnesium salts and therefore can be used as boiler feed water. The exchange reaction on the carboxylic resin generates carbon dioxide (CO2), which can be removed during the treatment by stripping within an atmospheric deaerator or collected for use by another process.
Simple maintenance – When saturation is reached, dealkalisation exchangers are regenerated by successive passes of a solution of hydrochloric acid. The regeneration of the exchangers are automatic.
Compactness – The compact design of the dealkalisation equipment allows for simple installation and reduces floor space requirements.